【翻译】如何建模新的3D单位
How to Model New 3D Units如何建模新的3D单位
原文http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?39733-How-to-Model-New-3D-Units
Modding Resource Header
(这句没明白是干什么用的,跳过吧。。。)
Title: How to Model New 3D Units
标题:如何建模新的3D单位
Posted by: hoggy
作者:hoggy
Modding area: Units (appearance)
建模区域:单位外观
Required programmes: 3DS Max 5 or above, Vercingetorix's CAS extractor,
所需程序:3DS Max 5或更高版本,Vercingetorix的cas提取器,
Vercingetorix's X-Pak, an image editor capable of editing .DDS files
Vercingetorix的X-Pak软件,一款可以编辑.DDS文件的图像处理软件
(such as Photoshop or Paintshop Pro), Notepad (or other text editor)
(比如Photoshop、Paintshop Pro等),记事本(或其他文本编辑器)
Related links: xpak Tutorial, Head Swapping tutorial, 3DSMax and tool tutorials
相关链接:xpak导论、头部交换引导,3DSMax以及工具引导
Summary: Models are the physical shape of the soldiers (as opposed to the textures - also known as skins - which provide the colours).If the model is a chassis,
总结:模型是士兵的物理外形(与纹理相反,也称皮肤,给出了不同颜色)。如果把模型比作底板,
then the skin is the paint-job. This is an introduction to making models. It requires some knowledge
那么皮肤就是给底板上色。本文介绍了如何制作模型。这要求一些关于
of modding the game and modelling. Like all modelling in Rome it requires 3ds max.
制作游戏Mod和建模的知识。正如罗马全战所有的建模,制作模型要求3DS Max软件。
I’ve been asked for a guide to unit modelling in the thread on Blue Lotus.
Blue Lotus蓝莲花(可能是论坛)上有人要我制作一个关于单位建模的教程。
Although I can’t provide a tutorial on using max (it would be way too big)
尽管我不能提供如何使用Max软件的教程(这工作量太大了)
I’ll lay out the basic process I’ve used so far for creating units in case that helps.
如果有用的话,我将把我一直以来使用的创建单位的基本过程贴出来。
1. Import an existing .CAS model preferably the highest poly version (ending in _400 or _highest) from Data\models_unit. (make sure you have Vercingetorix’s latest exporter).
1、从Data\models_unit文件夹下导入一个已有的.CAS模型,最好是多边形最高的版本(以_400或_highest结尾)。//poly是“多”的意思,这里不知怎么翻译。
I find that working from an existing model gives you a good base which acts as a guideline for the skeleton shape, polycount etc.
我认为以一个已有模型为基础展开工作能给你一个好的基础,为骨骼外形、多边形数等提供指导。
//polycount:the number of polygons (usually triangles) that form a 3d model.(from wikipedia)
//polycount指3D模型内包含的多边形(通常是三角形)数目。
Save this scene as something else and remember to backup regularly.
把这个场景(scene不知如何翻译,暂译作场景)另存为其他文件名,记得经常备份。
2. Choose the rainbow shaped icon from the tabs at the top of the right hand panel
2、在右手面板最上面选择彩虹状图标,
then right click on the skin layer in the stack and hit ‘collapse all’ (see image below).
然后在皮肤层上右击,在弹出菜单里选择“collapse all"(如下图)
//(图片见原文)。in the stack不明白是什么意思
This basically removes all vertex weighting from the model.
这基本上去掉了模型上所有的加权顶点。//weighting不明白,暂译作加权
3. Select all the vertices in the model and hit ‘weld selected’ in the options on the right
3、选择模型里所有的顶点,在右面选项里单击“weld selected”//weld selected:选中焊点
making sure the value is set to 0.00001 (approximately)
确认那个值被设定为大约0.00001
This makes the model into one continuous element rather that many different ones.
这样就把模型变成了一个连续元素,而非许多分离的元素。
4. Now you are ready to edit the model as much as you require
4、这时你就可以按自己的要求编辑模型了。
(remembering for the moment we are restricted to certain skeletons and animations).
记得目前我们受限于特定的骨架和动作。
For the moment just concentrate on modelling not textures. Tips: make sure you
这时只专注于模型而非纹理上。注意:
keep your modelling clean ie no loose vertices or multiple vertices sitting on top of each other.
保持你的模型干净,即自由顶点或多顶点之间不会重叠。
Make sure when you mirror sections to check the polys are not inverted.
确保当你镜面操作时,检查多边形没有被倒转。
Make sure you look at the way the original model is created –
确保你用创造原模型的方法来观察模型,
there is only one vertex weight per bone so that creates limitations
平均每个骨骼只有一个顶点权重,这样就限制了:
ie. Enough polys around bone joints are required and
比如,关节周围需要足够的多边形
where the legs join in the center there needs to be a clear poly for movement between the vertices.
腿部和躯干连接的位置需要一个清晰的多边形来实现顶点之间的移动。
5. Texturing. Most texturing will be done by applying a uv map by projection through one axis.
5、纹理。 大多数纹理工作是从一个轴投影到一张紫外图而完成的。
Only one material/texture should be used on the model. Plan out what texturing you think
一个模型上只用一种材料或纹理。计划好你需要什么纹理,以及
you will need and how many different projections ie. You might need one for the face,
多少个投影。你可能要为面部做一个投影,
one for the torso etc (the RTW textures again act as a good guide for layout).
为躯干做一个投影等等(罗马全战里的纹理是做设计的好指南。)
Because RTW requires each vertex to only have one set of uvs I use this method to apply textures:
因为罗马全战要求每个顶点只有一组紫外投影,我用如下的方法来处理纹理:
Select the polys on the model you wish to texture.
选择你模型里想要做纹理的那些多边形,
From the options on the right click on ‘Detach’ and then tick on ‘detach to element’.
在右面的选项里单击"分离(Detach)",然后选“分离到元件(detach to element)”。
Then UV map and adjust uvs to taste. Collapse the stack after every application.
然后处理紫外图,调节到合适。所有多边形都处理好以后,把堆拆分。
6. When you have finished texturing each set of polys with their own uvs should be selectable in ‘element’ mode
6、当你完成了纹理处理,每组多边形以及他们的紫外图应该可以在单元(element)模式下选中。
7. Give the model a last check over, collapse the stack, check your weapons and other items are
7、对你的模型做最后的检查。拆分堆组,检查武器以及其他物件
correctly linked and that the model lines up correctly with the joints of the skeleton etc.
是否正确地连接,以及模型上骨骼关节正确地连接对正,等等。
8. Skinning. RTW has a one vertex per joint policy, which although a pain, makes skinning a doddle
8、皮肤。 罗马全战要求每个顶点一个关节(接合),这样尽管令人痛苦,却使得皮肤处理轻而易举。
(note skinning is weighting the vertices to bones and has no connection with skinning in the modding
注意,皮肤处理是把给分配顶点权重放到骨骼上,这与模型的皮肤无关。(前后的skinning没看懂有什么区别,直接翻译下来而已)
sense) Select your model. In the drop down modifier list on the right go to ‘skin’. Click on the plus sign next to skin in
选择你的模型,在右面的“modifier list”下拉列表里选择“skin”。点击堆里皮肤旁边的加号,
the stack to show the envelope stack. Highlight this. In the right hand option panel click on the button ‘add’ above the
显示下面的外壳(envelope),将其高亮。在右手边选项面板里,单击白色空盒子上面的“ +(add) ”按钮,
empty white box. Select all the bones prefixed by ‘bone_’ (nothing else) these will then be skinned to you model and
选择所有前缀为“bone_”的骨骼(不要其他的),这些骨骼会被skin到你的模型上,并显示在白色空盒里。(skin完全不懂T_T)
appear in the empty white box. Under the Edit Envelopes on the right tick ‘vertices’ and highlight bone_abs in the
在“编辑外壳(Edit Envelopes)”下面的右边,点“顶点(vertices)”并且高亮白色盒子里的bone_ab。(bone_abs是啥?T_T。。。)
white box. Select all the vertices on your model (being careful not to touch the coloured envelopes) Below the white box
选中你模型上所有的顶点(注意不要碰那些上了色的外壳)。在显示你的bone_xx的白色盒子下面,
with your bones in ‘Weight Properties’ tick ‘rigid’ and make the ‘Abs. Effect, 1.0.
在“权重性质(Weight Properties)"里单击“坚硬(rigid)”,设置“绝对效果(Abs. Effect)”为1.0。
You have now weighted all the vertices in your model to the abdominal bone. Normally at this time it’s worth doing a
现在你已经给你模型里所有的顶点设置了腹部骨骼(abdominal bone)的权重。通常来说,这时就值得输出测试一下,
test export and checking your model in game. It’ll be as stiff as a board but you should be able to tell if your texturing is
在游戏里检查你的模型了。它可能像木板一样僵硬,但是你应该能看出纹理是否正确。
correct. Then select one bone at a time in the white box, select the vertices you want associated with that bone and
这时一次选择白色盒子里的一个骨骼,选择你要关联到这个骨骼上的顶点,给这些顶点设置“Abs. Effect”为1.0。
give them an Abs. Effect of 1.0 . when you’ve finished select bone_abs again to check you’ve not missed any vertices.
完成之后,再次选择bone_ab,检查是否有遗漏的顶点。
Export again for a final test. (See image below for explanation of terms above)
再次输出进行最终测试。(见下图来解释上面的各个术语)
http://totalwar.org/images/Guides/AATutorial04.jpg
I’ve probably missed a lot of stuff there and it may be that I do things differently from other people but I hope
我可能遗漏了很多东西,可能这也是我和别人做的不一样的地方。我希望以上我写的这些东西有点用处。
it might prove helpful.
顶楼主啊,收藏了慢慢学。楼主啊,我现在下了一个3DMAX2010中文版,下了个PS,还要下什么软件吗? 支持个!!通行证 已发出请查收 亲!!:lol maxin3251879 发表于 2011-11-30 11:53 static/image/common/back.gif
顶楼主啊,收藏了慢慢学。楼主啊,我现在下了一个3DMAX2010中文版,下了个PS,还要下什么软件吗? ...
cas提取器和X-Pak软件,根据原文是这么讲的,我也没做过。 freefen 发表于 2011-11-30 12:44 static/image/common/back.gif
支持个!!通行证 已发出请查收 亲!!
感激不尽! 难得的翻译帖 非专业冬瓜 发表于 2011-11-30 12:56 static/image/common/back.gif
难得的翻译帖
之前都在原帖里翻译的,超版要我整理下发了份新的出来~ 感激不尽,同时提高英语与电脑操作能力,真是文理双修:) 艰难的建模一直令我头痛,只能先学习了啊 御疆战神 发表于 2011-12-29 21:00 static/image/common/back.gif
感激不尽,同时提高英语与电脑操作能力,真是文理双修
不会搞3Ds,翻译的时候好痛苦。。。 未命名 发表于 2011-12-29 21:10 static/image/common/back.gif
艰难的建模一直令我头痛,只能先学习了啊
给力啊,我对这些东西一窍不通。。。 thundersl 发表于 2011-12-30 00:09 static/image/common/back.gif
给力啊,我对这些东西一窍不通。。。
看来阁下英语很好啊 很棒的帖子 支持哦 未命名 发表于 2011-12-30 09:41 static/image/common/back.gif
看来阁下英语很好啊
口语很挫啊,写作很挫啊
RE: 【翻译】如何建模新的3D单位
thundersl 发表于 2011-12-31 00:01 static/image/common/back.gif口语很挫啊,写作很挫啊
很中国人啊 未命名 发表于 2011-12-31 00:07 static/image/common/back.gif
很中国人啊
桑心啊,口语高点得话没准现在就在大洋彼岸了。。。 瞅瞅
页:
[1]